I’m basing this on very little.
I watched the first Fall 2010 “Dancing with the Stars” rehearsal videos and I thought Jennifer Grey and Brandy Norwood looked the best.
But Jennifer Grey may be too good too soon and does anyone really want Derek Hough to win AGAIN with a “ringer”?
Brandy already seems to have an Erin Andrews-esque relationship with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, and by that I mean they fight. Maks already walked out once, supposedly.
And Tony Dovolani has the fan vote after putting up with Kate Gosselin last season. I don’t think you can overstate the importance of that.
People want Tony to do well. He deserves a reward. He got a hot young Season 11 partner in Audrina Patridge and their rehearsal videos show some sweet awkwardness. That’s likable.
She’s not overconfident or pushy. She’s not too good too soon. She’s not terribly stiff and awkward (like Bristol Palin, who has my pity after her rehearsal footage).
I think Audrina could go very far and possibly win — thanks in large part to Tony.
I guess that puts me on Team TorinA. (What team are you on?)
I’m hearing mumblings about David Hasselhoff as the one to beat because he’s arguably the most famous (REALLY?) real “star” of the group, but The Hoff is a close talker. It’s uncomfortable to watch him in videos and I feel like that could come back to bite him.
Here are my personal pre-season rankings, based on who I like and who I think will do well:
1. Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani
2. Brandy Norwood & Maksim Chmerkovskiy (I’m dying for a Tony vs. Maks finale! They are best friends, so that would be so cool)
3. Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas
4. Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough
5. Margaret Cho & Louis van Amstel
6. David Hasselhoff & Kym Johnson
7. Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower
8. Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke
9. Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff
10. Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya
11. Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer
12. Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas
Granted, I haven’t seen anybody dance yet because the show hasn’t even started yet. On that note … don’t forget to watch the premiere tonight from 8 to 10 p.m. on ABC! Then watch who gets cut tomorrow night.
And head right over to www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars for all kinds of recaps, top 10 lists, news, gossip, spoilers, sneak peeks and everything you could possibly want about DWTS!