By Gina Carbone
What to do about Ali Fedotowsky? What to do … what to do…
(*Feb. 8 update* Click here for the recap of “The Bachelor” hometown dates episode when Ali — real name Alexandra — pulls her Hamlet and dumps Jake.)
She’s sort of my “hometown” girl seeing as I grew up in Massachusetts and she’s from Williamstown. Nowhere near where I’m from, but I’m rooting for her.
And I’m worried. Because at this point on “The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love,” Ali is That Girl — the one who focuses all of her energy on ripping apart one of the other girls instead of keeping her eyes on the prize. (Although Jake Pavelka is arguable as a prize.)
She’s too focused on Vienna Girardi. Time to back off.
In a nice bit of irony, she’s playing Jake’s role on the Jillian Harris season of “The Bachelorette.” Jake went on and on to Jillian about Wes Hayden having a girlfriend.
That did not work out for him. Jillian seemed to “appreciate” what he was saying, the way that Jake really “appreciated” how Jessie Sulidis warned him about Vienna.
Right now Ali is talking to Jake about Vienna but she’s doing even more trash talking to the women/camera.
Still, Ali is still part of the hometown final four — with Tenley Molzahn, Gia Allemand and Vienna.
But RealitySteve said Ali leaves voluntarily after the hometown dates for work-related reasons.
More on this from Reality Steve’s latest dispatch:
“No real news to report other than she is the one leaving after the hometown dates, and I can tell you, it was due to work related reasons. Whether or not the show decides to air that as the reason is a different story. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. Ali went on this show just a few months removed from starting to work at Facebook in San Francisco. Apparently she either didn’t inform her work she could be gone longer than originally expected or thought that they’d grant her the time to be gone longer if needed be. Well, they didn’t and she chose to come back to work over having a 1-in-4 chance to be in an eventually failed relationship.”
Ali has a Facebook page and on that page some guy named Abram Swindlerman (Alexey Roude) wrote “Ali leaves the show next week after their date in San Francisco due to her job…”
So maybe it is a job-related evacuation. I was hoping she would really light into Jake about the Vienna situation. She keeps saying things like, if that (Vienna) is what Jake wants, he can’t want her (Ali).
According to Reality Steve, Ali “has tried out for more than one reality show already. Sounds to me like she’s got the Hollywood bug.”
But, he said, when Ali leaves the show, she does not return. Unlike Ed Swiderski and Reid Rosenthal.
Ali’s getting a lot of support on her Facebook page, including many people saying she should be the next Bachelorette.
So do you think it should be Tenley or Ali? Or neither?
Personally, I plan to feel awful for Tenley if/when she is dumped, because her self-esteem is already so fragile after her police officer husband cheated on her with someone else he worked with. (Bad officer!)
But Ali would be a much more fun “Bachelorette” and I have a feeling she would pick smarter, funnier, better guys than Tenley.
Tenley would pick 25 Jakes.
Ali would pick 25 Reids.
- ‘Bachelor’ recap: Whiny Ali Fedotowsky dumps Jake Pavelka for Facebook after hometown dates
- ABC releases info on ‘The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love’ hometown dates episode
- Bachelor recap: Awkward! Jake dumps virgin Corrie Adamson; Ali Fedotowsky vs. Vienna Girardi in San Francisco
- ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 10 cast to be announced during ‘Bachelor’ finale
- Ella and Michelle: Jake should pick Tenley Molzahn, Gia Allemand or Ali Fedotowsky on ‘The Bachelor’
- Ali Fedotowsky leaves ‘The Bachelor’ because of work or Vienna? Should she be ‘The Bachelorette’?
- Jake Pavelka launches online ‘expert commentary’ on ‘Bachelor’ episodes
- Recap: Jake cleans house on ‘The Bachelor,’ dumping Ella, Kathryn, Jessie, Ashleigh
- Nice! British ‘Bachelor’ Matt Grant may ‘Pimp’ himself out for ‘Bachelor Pad’
- Trista Sutter vs. Reality Steve on the Ella ‘fraud’ on ‘The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love’
- Bachelor On the Wings of Love recap: Michelle goes coconuts, Elizabeth plays games, we all hate Vienna, Tenley ‘pregnant’ edit
- Vienna Girardi had a boyfriend while on ‘The Bachelor’ with Jake? Does it matter?
- ‘Bachelor’ all-stars — who should be cast? Reid Rosenthal? Bob Guiney? Graham Bunn?
- Will Tenley Molzahn from ‘The Bachelor’ be the next ‘Bachelorette’?
- Questions remain after Rozlyn drama with Chris and Jake on ‘Bachelor: On the Wings of Love’
- The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love recap: Live! Episode 2, The Rozlyn Incident
- ‘The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love’ affair: Team Rozlyn or Team Jake?
- Shocking major spoilers on entire season of ‘The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love’ from Reality Steve
- Reid Rosenthal of ‘The Bachelorette’ is on HGTV’s ‘My First Place’ RIGHT NOW
- ‘The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love’ premiere recap: Tenley, Ashleigh, Corrie, Elizabeth for finals, but who is cheating with producer?
- Jake Pavelka’s ‘The Bachelor’ starts with “shocking scandal”? Now we’re talking!