Come on. Even Jay Manuel said whiny Liz Williams could’ve taken the roller coaster all the way home for all he cared. She complains too much and her Matthew Rolston photo was awful. Much worse than Rhianna Atwood’s pic. Is Liz still on “America’s Next Top Model” because she has a better backstory as a single mom?
Sure, she had the #1 rollercoaster photo, but it was one of those bizarre only-on-ANTM challenges that has little bearing in the real world. When is someone going to give you an ear piece, put you on a rollercoaster and give you a cue at a certain point to … pose like you’re commercial and relatable! Pose like you’re envious! Edgy! Pouting! It’s ridiculous.
But Liz got a photo shoot with Tyra and she chose her friends Chris White and Kayla Ferrel. Chris was terrified on the rollercoaster and her photo was so bad she might as well have stayed on the ground. But she sucked it up and did it, so she deserves credit for that. Plus, Matthew Rolston loved her sea goddess photo, forehead and all. He said it was his favorite shot.
Kayla owned the photo shoot with Tyra and she also looked great in the Mattew Rolston pic. She is my #1 girl now. She can do no wrong.
But it’s painfully obvious after three wins in a row that Ann Ward is exactly what the judges want in a high fashion model. She’s also just quirky and insecure enough to fit with “Top Model’s” love for underdogs. (Remember quirky Nicole “Bloody Eyeball” Fox?)
I like Ann. I do. And her sea goddess photo was very Vogue Italia. But overall I’m Team Kayla.
Two other things we now know: Nobody likes Kacey Leggett and male models are boring.
Here is my ranking of the top 10 models at this point on Cycle 15:
1. Kayla Ferrel, 19, Rockford, Illinois, 5 ft 9 in
2. Ann Ward, 19, Dallas, Texas, 6 ft 2 in
3. Kendal Brown, 23, Northport, Alabama, 5 ft 11 in
4. Esther Petrack, 18, Boston, Massachusetts, 5 ft 9 in
5. Chelsey Hersley, 22, Boise, Idaho, 5 ft 11 in
6. Chris White, 20, Arlington, Texas, 5 ft 10½ in
7. Kacey Leggett, 20, Palmdale, California, 5 ft 9 in
8. Jane Randall, 19, Baltimore, Maryland, 5 ft 9 in
9. Lexie Tomcheck, 18, Geneva, Illinois, 6 ft 0 in
10. Lyzbeth “Liz” Williams, 21,, Arlington, Texas, 5 ft 10 in